How to Clean a Bathroom Like A Pro: A Comprehensive Guide – A thorough and efficient bathroom cleaning can transform this essential space in your home into a pristine sanctuary. With the right approach and tools, you can achieve a sparkling clean bathroom that you can be proud of. This comprehensive guide will walk you through a step-by-step process to clean your bathroom like a pro. We’ll cover everything from initial preparation to final touches, ensuring a spotless and germ-free space for you and your family to enjoy.
1). Gather your supplies: Gathering all the necessary supplies is crucial before diving into the cleaning process. Having everything at hand will make the process more efficient and ensure you get all the spots. Here’s a list of essential cleaning supplies:
- Rubber gloves
- Microfiber cloths
- Scrub brushes (various sizes)
- Toilet brush
- Broom and dustpan
- Vacuum cleaner (optional)
- Mop and bucket
- Glass cleaner
- All-purpose cleaner
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Tile and grout cleaner
- Disinfectant spray
- Air freshener or diffuser
2). Remove all clutter: Begin by removing all items from the bathroom, including toiletries, bath mats, towels, and decorative items. Place these items in a designated area outside the bathroom. Clearing out the bathroom will give you more space to clean and prevent the spread of germs from one surface to another.
3). Sweep or vacuum: Removing loose dirt and debris from the floor before scrubbing surfaces is essential. Use a broom, dustpan, or vacuum cleaner to sweep up hair, dust, and dirt, making mopping the floor more efficient later.
The Bathroom Cleaning Process
1). Start with the shower and bathtub: The area typically requires the most attention. Apply a tile and grout cleaner to the walls and floor of the shower, allowing it to sit for the recommended time on the product label. Scrub the bathtub with a sponge and all-purpose cleaner. Remember to clean the faucet and showerhead as well. After the cleaner has sat for the appropriate dwell time, use a scrub brush to clean the grout lines and a sponge for the tiles. Rinse the shower and bathtub thoroughly with water.
2). Clean the shower curtain and liner: If you have a fabric shower curtain, remove it from the rod and wash it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use a sponge and an all-purpose cleaner to scrub away any soap scum or mildew for plastic or vinyl liners. Rinse the liner and let it air dry before rehanging it.
3). Clean the sink and countertop: Apply an all-purpose cleaner to the sink, countertop, and faucet. Use a sponge to scrub away any grime and buildup, paying special attention to the areas around the faucet and drain. Wipe down the countertop and sink with a microfiber cloth, and remember to clean the soap dish or dispenser.
4). Clean the toilet: Start by applying a toilet bowl cleaner to the toilet’s interior, ensuring it coats the entire bowl. While the cleaner is working, use disinfectant spray and a microfiber cloth to wipe down the exterior of the toilet, including the seat, lid, base, and flush handle. After the cleaner has sat for the appropriate dwell time (as indicated on the label), use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl, reaching under the rim and around the edges. Flush the toilet to rinse away the cleaner.
5). Clean the mirror and glass surfaces: Spray glass cleaner onto a microfiber cloth and wipe down the mirror and any other glass surfaces, such as shower doors or shelves. Be sure to clean the entire surface, paying extra attention to any spots or streaks that may need additional attention.
6). Wipe down surfaces and fixtures: Use a disinfectant spray and a clean microfiber cloth to wipe down all remaining surfaces and fixtures in the bathroom. This includes light switches, towel racks, shelves, window sills, and baseboards. Be sure to clean any hard-to-reach areas, such as behind the toilet or under the sink. Remember to sanitize high-touch surfaces like doorknobs and handles to prevent the spread of germs.
7). Clean the floor: Now that all other surfaces have been cleaned, it’s time to tackle the floor. Fill a bucket with warm water and an appropriate floor cleaner. Dip a mop into the solution, wring out the excess water, and mop the floor. Start at the farthest corner of the bathroom and work towards the door, covering the entire floor. For hard-to-reach areas or stubborn stains, use a scrub brush or sponge. Once the floor is clean, rinse the mop and go over the floor again with clean water to remove any residue. Allow the floor to air dry, or use a clean microfiber cloth to speed up the process.
1). Replace items: Once the bathroom is sparkling clean and dry, it’s time to return all the items you removed at the beginning. Be sure to wipe down each item with a clean cloth before placing it back in the bathroom. This will help prevent the spread of germs and keep the bathroom pristine for longer.
2). Launder bath mats and towels: To maintain freshness and cleanliness, launder your bath mats and towels. Wash them according to the manufacturer’s instructions, and then return the freshly cleaned bath mats and towels to their respective places in the bathroom.
3). Empty the trash and replace the liner: Remember to empty the trash can and replace the liner. This simple step can make a big difference in your bathroom’s cleanliness and freshness.
4). Add an air freshener or diffuser: Choose a scent that complements the rest of your home and helps create a relaxing atmosphere. Add an air freshener or essential oil diffuser to keep your bathroom smelling fresh and inviting.
Extra Cleaning Tips for a Sparkling Bathroom
- Use a squeegee after showering: To minimize soap scum and water spots on glass shower doors and walls, use a squeegee after each shower. This simple habit can make your weekly cleaning tasks easier and keep your shower looking cleaner for longer.
- Tackle mold and mildew: To prevent mold and mildew growth, use a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the solution on affected areas, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then scrub with a brush or sponge. Rinse the area with clean water and dry it thoroughly. This method is an effective and natural way to combat mold and mildew.
- Use baking soda for stubborn stains: For tough stains on tile, grout, or porcelain, make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stained area, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, and then scrub with a brush or sponge. Rinse the area with clean water and dry it thoroughly. Baking soda is a natural, non-toxic cleaning agent that removes stains and grime.
- Clean your bathroom exhaust fan: Regularly cleaning your bathroom exhaust fan can improve efficiency and prevent dust and grime buildup. To clean the fan, turn off the power, remove the cover, and use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to remove dust and debris. Clean the cover with warm soapy water, rinse, and let it dry before reattaching it.
- Use toothpaste for chrome fixtures: Toothpaste can work wonders on chrome fixtures, such as faucets and towel bars. Apply a small amount of toothpaste to a damp cloth and gently rub it onto the chrome surfaces. Rinse with clean water and dry the surface with a soft cloth. This will leave your chrome fixtures shining and looking like new.
- Keep a consistent cleaning schedule: Maintaining a consistent cleaning schedule can prevent dirt and grime buildup, making cleaning more manageable. Set a routine that works best for you, whether weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. This will help you stay on top of bathroom cleaning and ensure a consistently clean and fresh space.
- Use a toothbrush for tight spaces: A toothbrush can be a handy tool for cleaning tight spaces or hard-to-reach areas, such as around faucets, drains, or the edges of fixtures. A clean, well-maintained bathroom looks fantastic and promotes a healthier environment for you and your family. Dip an old toothbrush in your preferred cleaning solution and gently scrub the desired areas. Rinse with clean water and dry with a microfiber cloth.
Incorporating these extra cleaning tips into your bathroom maintenance routine can enhance your bathroom’s cleanliness and overall appearance. A clean, well-maintained bathroom looks fantastic and promotes a healthier environment for you and your family. Remember, maintaining a regular cleaning routine will make the process even more accessible and efficient in the long run.
Balancing work and family can be a challenge, and seeking the assistance of a professional cleaning company can be a lifesaver. By selecting a reputable cleaning service, you can save time and energy and have peace of mind knowing your home is expertly cleaned and maintained to the highest standards.
Contact Clean Nation Company for Professional House Cleaning Services
Clean Nation Company is your go-to choice for all your home cleaning needs. Our skilled and experienced team delivers outstanding cleaning services, ensuring your home is spotless after every visit. Give us a call at (509) 217-4729.
Our services include:
- Recurring Housekeeping
- Post-Renovation / Remodel Cleaning
- One-time Deep Cleaning
- Move-in/Move-out Cleaning
Whether you need a single deep clean or ongoing maintenance, we’ll create a plan that fits your needs and budget. We are committed to delivering outstanding results and excellent customer service. Our cleaning techs undergo thorough background checks and ongoing training in residential cleaning. And with our comprehensive insurance coverage, you can rest assured that your property and belongings are safe.
We aim to exceed your expectations at Clean Nation Company with our cleaning services. If any area we have already cleaned falls short of your standards, just let us know within 24 hours, and we’ll re-clean it for free.
Contact our friendly and professional team today to learn more about our comprehensive services and request a complimentary quote, or fill out our online form for a fast response. We look forward to making your home sparkle! We proudly serve the communities of Spokane, Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, Coeur d’Alene, and Post Falls.